Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Furniture and Stuff

My house is filled with furniture.

I mean, beyond the normal amount of furniture. Well, not really. If everything was in it's place we wouldn't have extras...but things just aren't in the right places.

Let me explain. I'm not a hoarder, just kind of lazy. I have a garage full of stuff. The thing is, this garage is converted to a bedroom. It was my bedroom until my mom moved in with my grandmother, then I took her room and stuff took over my room. It shouldn't be just filled with stuff. It should be functional. I am going to be moving my girls into that room because it's a lot bigger than their room and there are 3 of them so they can use the space. My mom will still have a room in my house, it will be where the girls' room is now.

Makes sense right?

I have to go through the stuff and get rid of most of it still.

Mostly it's books and old clothes that kids have grown out of. A few boxes of random things, some craft supplies...you know, stuff. Just stuff.

The thing is, by the time I actually get through cleaning the rest of my house every day, I'm tired and just don't want to think about that garage.

So my stuff sits.

I'd feel worse if I didn't have a whole lot of excuses why I haven't gotten around to it lately. Between my grandmother moving, GS cookie season, planning a wedding for my friend, baseball season starting, emergency gallbladder surgery, my husband leaving for a memorial service for his grandmother who passed away recently...the list goes on and on, but they really are just excuses. I should have done more by now.

So what does that have to do with furniture? We bought my girls some furniture for their new bedroom with the tax refund. It's still in boxes in my dining room. Then there's the furniture that my grandmother wanted my girls to have when she moved from her house to a small apartment. Yeah. Furniture everywhere.

It's starting to drive me nuts. When we first got it all in the house, I was pretty much useless because I was still recovering from my surgery. Tony did a lot of work in that garage, but sorting things and organizing them just isn't where his skills lie (unless the things are on the computer). If everything was just as easy as "move that over there" then Tony would have done it by now.

I'm pretty much recovered from my surgery. I still have a twinge now and then, so I'm not planning on lifting anything. Still, I need to get the sorting done so that Tony can lift and put stuff where it goes.

I don't wanna.

I know, grow up Supermommie! Get up off your chair and sort some stuff! Stop blogging about it and do it!

Okay, okay. You don't have to yell!


Nag. :)

No comments: