Monday, November 2, 2009

Imaginary Friends

Should I find it irritating or encouraging that my daughters' new imaginary friends are called "My Pink Mommy" and "My Purple Mommy"?

It's been really kinda annoying. "I was talking to my pink mommy!" is often heard around here. Yesterday Ali got in trouble and I heard "but my pink mommy said I could have some!"

Grr.

Becca's imaginary friend was a teenager named Crispy. She lived in Mexico. She rode on her skate board to visit Becca. She still shows up every once in a while, but not very often now that Becca has so many school friends.

I thought I would get around the imaginary friend thing with the twins because there are two of them to play together. Little did I know that they still needed scapegoats. They don't tend to blame each other for things, though they will blame Becca or Micah for anything. The pink and purple mommies are the way to get around it, I guess. They know that they have to obey me, but they figure that if they make up another parental figure that will let them do things, they are ok.

They are just too smart for their own good.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is pretty clever. Don't let them talk to my kids, so far they believe I am their only mommy! LOL