Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A week half off...and a birthday party...and stuff...

This week Micah and Becca are spending the week with Grammy and Grandpa so that they can go to VBS at their church. I'm not incredibly nervous, even though Micah hasn't ever spent more than a day away from home and me at the same time. Routine is a big deal for him, and this week should prove to be interesting. I haven't heard anything from my in-laws yet, so I assume all is well...but I'm ready to call any minute to find out what's going on. They are probably fine, but I'm doing that irrational mom worry thing.

Friday is Becca's birthday. Saturday we are having a party and we have invited a few of her friends. This is new for her. We don't usually invite more than family, but Becca really wanted her friends to come. I'm not having the party at home, either. That's something else that's new. We are having the party at Shakey's pizza. I'm told that parties are easier when you don't have to clean up afterward, and I'm hoping that's true. I know that they aren't real cheap that way, though. I don't have to cook, but I'm buying pizza. I still get to make her cake...but my oven isn't working. I pick up Micah and Becca from my in-law's house on Friday and I'm baking there.

This week is going to be fun if I can just stop stressing over things that might happen. All is really taken care of, but I feel a sense of urgency anyway. Not cool. I gotta learn to relax and trust.

No comments: