Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fantasy Football

I don't like football.  I am proud to say that I have never actually watched a football game all the way through.  I've never played a full game of it.  I tried and just got bored.

All that being said, I play fantasy football with my husband's family every year.  I don't know how many years ago I started it, but it's been quite a few.  I won the first year, but I don't remember winning ever since...I may have, I just don't remember.

That's the thing, I don't really care.  It basically gives me something to talk with them about during football season when football a huge focus in that house.  I could probably ignore it and be fine, but I decided to just join in the craziness.

For the last few years my kids have gone back and forth between wanting their own fantasy football teams to play with the family and hating football and complaining whenever their dad have it on.  Micah tried to play last year in the league, but due to technical difficulties, it just didn't work out.  The family decided that kids just shouldn't play in that league, so I suggested a kid's league, so the kids could feel like they are a part and play with their cousins, but they didn't have to mess up anyone else when issues come up or they just don't want to do it right then.

Fortunately I will be able to help out my kids when they want me to with their teams.  I still don't know what all the numbers are, but I can still pretty much tell them who should be on the bench and who should play.  There was an automatic draft, so that was nice.

Overall, the whole thing was to keep peace in the house, and make something that won't go away (football) into something that the family can talk about.  It's just one little thing that their Dad likes that the kids will at least tolerate.
 

No comments: