Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Road Trip Planning: Packing!

I know it's my nerves, but I'm not feeling so hot right now.  I really needed to relax, so yesterday that is all the kids and I did.  I know, I don't have a whole lot of time for anything like that with my trip beginning in just a few days, but we had to or I just wouldn't survive the week.

Today I'm starting slow, but it's coming.  My kids feel the beginning of "crazy mom" coming and are hiding.  Micah is in his room relaxing with his DS and the girls are playing in their room.

At this point I'm just doing laundry.  Getting things ready to pack all the way is an adventure.  The next step will be to do some house cleaning so when everything explodes in my living room so that I can put it all in the right bags I can see everything I need and nothing else.  Plus when I'm done packing I'll have a clean house to leave my husband while we are gone...at least it will start clean that way.

My checklists are done, I just have to put everything in the correct bags.  It should be a snap if I have everything I need...but it won't be good if I don't.  I'm pretty sure I have everything.

Saturday is so busy that I basically need to have everything ready to put in the car.  Saturday evening we pack up the car with everything, Sunday morning we go to church then take off on our adventure.

I'm so excited!  I'm so scared!  I have so much energy that I'm sure that I'm going to be worse than the kids in the car...or I will be so wiped that my mom will have to drive the first leg because I have crashed.

No comments: