Sunday, July 6, 2008

More Vacation Stuff (updated)


These are my girls after our first day of vacation. We made them a little bed on the floor since the beds were so high off the ground. They slept just fine on the floor. I thought this was cute, so I figured I'd share.

We stayed at my mom's timeshare place, and it was a two bedroom. Her timeshare thing is kinda cool, and the room was actually free for her since she had to go to a seminar thing the day that we went to Sea World. The place is like an apartment, with a stove and refrigerator and stuff so it was a pretty cheap vacation over all. We went grocery shopping for the meals, with the exception of one at Sea World.

The kid's favorite show was not Shamu, but I must admit, we did go to the late one, so they were pretty tired. The one they really liked was the one with dogs and cats and other pets. That was the first one we went to, though, so that might have had a part in it. We also sat in front for the pets one in a pretty good seat (even if we did get a little wet), so I think that helped their attention span as well. It was good that they liked it because I was by myself with the 4 kids. My mom was there for the other shows that we went to.


An interesting verse I ran into:

"A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind." Ecclesiastes 2:24-26

Update: I wanted to include this video before, but I couldn't figure out how to save it on my computer so that I could upload it until now. Ali is really entertaining to watch. Check it out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my word. Those kids are getting so big! And look how dark Micah's hair is! I miss those kids. You guys just need to move up here, I'm telling you.