Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Rude Awakening

I am so tired of chasing my dumb dog.

This morning, while Becca was letting our dog out to the backyard, Micah decided that it would be funny to open the front door and let her out. Now, I am barely out of bed. I don't have my contacts in, and I can't find my glasses. I can't see anything without them. I went to my car and got my sunglasses so that I could actually see the dog running down the street. She ran and ran, and again, I had no shoes on. I'm really not awake enough to think of things like that. My biggest problem with catching her was that I had to stop and clean up her messes along the way (remember, she was just being let out for the morning, and so she really had to go. I wasn't fast enough to catch her while she was going, and so I stopped a few times to pick up her mess. Becca was having trouble getting the girls back inside the house (they were not dressed yet, either), so I had to stop and get my girls inside. Micah is sitting in the yard laughing his head off. I went back out after my girls were (I thought) occupied with tv and a cup of milk. I see the dog, she sees me, and takes off running. I almost get her quite a few times, but then she ran off to the main street, and I just wasn't going to chase her in traffic. I went back to check on the kids, and I found them all outside again and Becca was hysterical. I called Tony to let him know what was going on and to see if he had any ideas. He got Becca on the phone and calmed her down. I get back the phone and I hear the kids start screaming that the dog was back. She came inside, and I put her in her kennel. I didn't get the thing closed (I know, I was slow. I really thought she had come back for good), and she started running around the house. I tried to calm everyone down so that the dog would calm down, but then Micah opens the front door, laughing and says "out!" The girls all went crazy. The dog went up the street again, and this time, before I went out the door, I slipped on some shoes.

Of course, this dog now has it in her head that if she goes out into traffic, I will stop chasing her. She immediatly ran for the main street. I stopped well before she got there just to keep her from going that far. Our neighbors down the street laugh as Becca once again starts screaming and crying for her dog. I go back to my house and tell Becca that if the dog came back once, she'll come back again (I hoped). The neighbor next door was the one that finally caught her. He got a rope and used it like a leash and I got the dog back in the house. I put her in her kennel and went to calm everyone down.

What makes me the most irritated was that this was a big joke created by my son. He's bored. School needs to start before he comes up with anything worse to entertain himself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. That is some morning!