Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Breakfast Conversations

Yesterday I picked up Becca from school to find that the electricity failed again at her school that day, and that today there would be no school so that they could fix the problem.

Becca is home.

My big girl.

Very entertaining.

This morning started with a rather dramatic episode surrounding french toast sticks. They are just the microwavable kind, and Becca knows how to make them herself, so she decided to make breakfast for Ali, Zoe, and Cassidy. They decided that she needed help.

Becca: Here, Cassidy, you hold the bag.

Ali: I want to hold one!

Becca: No, there isn't more than one bag, you hold the paper towel.

Zoe: I eat them?

Becca: After they are cooked.

Zoe: No!

Becca: Zoe, you can count them and make sure there is enough.

Zoe: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9...

Cassidy: No! That's not right!

Becca: Don't worry Cassidy, I've already counted them.

Zoe: How many?

Becca: You count them.

Ali: I count them!

Becca: No, you are holding the paper towels.

Ali: I eat them!

Zoe: Me, too!

Cassidy: No they have to be cooked!

Becca: Why don't you guys just go sit down at the table while I fix this.

Ali: No!

Zoe: I want to help!

Cassidy: Come on, guys! Let's go sit down at the table!

Ali: No!

Zoe: I counting! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

Becca: Ok, good job. Now can you please go sit down?

Zoe: I push buttons?

Becca: No, you aren't allowed to push buttons.

Ali: I eat them?

Cassidy: No, Ali, they have to be cooked!

(Becca starts the microwave)

Becca: ok, is everyone ready for french toast sticks?

Cassidy: First we count them.

Becca: It's ok. I've already counted them...so did Zoe...

Ali: My turn!

(microwave ends)

Becca: Ok, I'll go get them, then you can count them.

Cassidy: Me, too! Me too!

(Becca gets the french toast sticks and plates)

Becca: Here, Cass, you give everyone a plate.

Zoe: I do it!

Cassidy: No! Becca say for me to do it!

Becca: Everyone sit down, I'll do it all (sigh).

Ali: I get the french toast sticks!

Zoe: Me, too!

Becca: Sit down if you want to count them!

Cassidy: I sitting down!

Becca: Ok, Cassidy, you start.

Cassidy: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...

Ali: My turn!

Cassidy: I not done yet! Stop or I won't take you to Disneyland.

Ali cries.

Me: Ok, everyone let's all count them together.

Yeah, it took that long for me to decide to intervene. Becca was doing alright. I really like how well she does with problem solving for people. She's a smart kid. Such a teacher, too.

Just thought I'd share something fun.

2 comments:

Miss C said...

That was great! Thanks for the laugh.

Jennifer said...

It sounds like Becca is 10 instead of almost 6 during that conversation!

I also love how Cassidy threatened not to take them to Disneyland. Can we say she has heard that a few times from Mom and Dad!?! LOL