Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sleep would be good here...

Yesterday I went in for another IV of steroids, and today I am happy to say that I can see better...not well, not much color, but clarity is better. I'm still in pain, but that could be not just from the eye itself, but from lack of sleep.

The steroids that I am on to make my eye work again have the worst insomnia side effect. Not that I am a stranger to insomnia, but this is really bad. Last night I decided to go to bed early (10:30, maybe it was 11, but that's early for me) because I felt like I was sleepy for the first time in a while. It didn't really work. I would sleep for a few minutes really hard, then wake up over and over again all night long. I was determined not to get up,though, knowing that if I actually got out of bed, I would be up for the day, even if it was 2 am. I don't know that I slept more than an hour last night, and certainly not all at once.

This morning I tossed and turned until my mom got up for work and was looking for something, so I got up to assist. Now I'm awake, but tired again, and my body is telling me aain that I shouldn't stay still.

Ok, I'm done complaining. If you have suffered through reading all of that, I know you care, but I hope you don't pity me. I just covet prayers.

Today is going to be a good day. I'm determined. This morning my older children go to school, I will have 2-3 girls around in the morning to play with, and though I will have a very busy afternoon, the morning I have set aside for fun.

This afternoon I pick up the kids from school, drop them off with a very appreciated aunt, and go to get set up for my IV. After that I go get my kids, take them home, feed them, ready them for bed, etc. Micah did most of his homework packet at church last night, so I don't have to worry about that. Yesterday I was told that Micah had the best day at school that he has had in a while. My day is not as rushed as yesterday, so that is good. My afternoon included all of that plus a t-ball game, and then an couple's study that Tony and I are doing.

God is good. He's giving me the strength to continue, and the hope to stay content.

1 comment:

Miss C said...

I have a friend, Jill. When I added you to the prayer list in the group she is in with me, she approched me asking if they had offered you steroids for the problem and if they had talked to you about MS. (All I told the group was that I needed to add a friend who has gone mostly blind in one eye and the DR's are having a hard time discovering the cause.)

She said that she has MS and they had a really hard time diagnosing it. That the steroids are well worth it and if you would like to talk to her she is more than willing to talk.

She has a facebook page if you are interested.