Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Had a Birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday.

Yay!

I took advantage of the Disneyland thing, and went on my birthday. Then I decided to go overboard and get myself a season pass so I can take my kids on their birthdays, too.

Anyway...I had fun. The twins went with me, since they are still under 3 and therefore free. I know, I went to Disneyland without Micah and Becca. Since I didn't make a big deal about it at home, they didn't care. Besides, they got to spend the day with Grandpa, which to them is just awesome.

I went with my SIL and her hubby and Cassidy. They go all the time (season passes) so basically they kept asking me what I wanted to do next, so I was really glad when the twins or Cassidy had an opinion, because I really didn't care. Disneyland is fun, but I kept thinking about the rest of my family and what they would like to be doing if they were there. That and the fact that if Micah was there, I wouldn't have to stand in lines. Disneyland is super accomidating for those with special needs. Micah can't stand to wait in lines, and we always go to get a special pass for him that helps us out with that. It's great.

Ali and Zoe had a blast. Well, Zoe didn't like some of it, though. Just about any ride that was inside (with the exception of Small World, though she didn't like all of that one, either) she hid her face in my side for the whole ride. That girl is a total chicken. We took her on Snow White, and she didn't like that, too scary. Not that I blame the kid, but the trauma kept coming. We went on Pinocchio, she freaked out. Mr Toad's wild ride, her face went to my side before the thing even started (not that I blamed her, Ali was driving!). The torture continued with Buzz Lightyear, but I really thought she would get into that when Uncle Shawn told her it was a video game like the Wii. She had the lazer in her hand until we turned the first corner, then she dropped it and stuck her head in my side. Ali was shooting bad guys the whole time.

Dumbo was a favorite for everyone, but I think the one that they really liked the best was the carousel. Zoe and Ali both came home telling everyone that they rode "the elephants" and "the horsies."
I had enough energy to make it through the day, but driving home really wasn't cool. I only had to make it home from my in-law's house, but that really wasn't fun when I was tired. Basically, I crash big time when I get too tired or don't drink enough water. Not fun. I'm pretty useless when I crash. Sometimes I can't even stand. Anyway, I hadn't crashed, but I felt like I was going to on the drive home, so I decided that I would put my husband on speaker phone to keep me company, and so that he would know where I was at if I had to pull over. I made it home, but crashed right away, and Tony put the girls to bed. Just in time.

Today, I planned to relax in the morning and get over crashing hard, then when my mom got home from work early (she had to take some time they owed her), we would all go down to the church to work on the resource room (an incredibly large project that I do in my "spare time"). That didn't end up working out because the twins threw a major tantrum while my mom picked up the older two from school, so I sent them to their room to calm down and they fell asleep...for 4 hours. I wasn't going to wake them. They certainly needed it.

Instead of doing a million other things that I should have done at home today (I kept thinking that the twins would wake up at any moment and we would go work at the church so I needed to save my strength for that), I sat around reading. Yeah, I liked reading. I felt like a lazy bum afterward, but I read my book while Micah and Becca worked on their homework. Still, I haven't had the opportunity or ability to just sit around and read in a while, so it was nice.

When the twins finally woke up from their nap, we loaded everyone in the car and then Becca started asking what was for dinner. Dinner? Umm...I don't know.... We ended up going through a drive through, then I remembered that Becca had baseball practice this evening, so we never made it to the church.

Bummer.

I'll go in the morning, but I won't have my mom. Grr...

So anyway, that was my birthday and the day after. I turned 29 for the first time! Yay!

No comments: