Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Anniversary

Yesterday was my anniversary. I have been married for 8 years. Not an exceptionally long period of time, but considering all that my husband and I have gone through during that time, I think that the 8 year mark is pretty good.

Tony sent me flowers and brownies and a funny card at my parent group that I had to go to last night. He was working. He got the other guys in the group in trouble for not being romantic. I have to say, I stick up for the guys in that case. I hardly ever remember dates. Tony always remembers. He always sends me stuff on special dates. That used to irritate me because we couldn't really afford it. I have to admit, when I first saw all the stuff that he gave me, my thoughts were on how I was going to lug it all to the car. Yep, I'm the guy in the relationship. Tony cries at movies, I look over at him and laugh. Of course, he generally cries at sports movies. I tend to make fun of him because it doesn't matter how many times he sees it, he always cries at the end of Rudy. He is sensitive and caring and romantic and all those sappy things that most women want. I love him.

After he was done working, we went out. Tony took me to Boston's. They have karaoke on Tuesday nights, and he serenaded me. Okay, it was Blue Moon, but I still liked it. He also sang his awesome rendition of What a Wonderful World. His Louis Armstrong impression is fantastic.



We had a good time. My day wasn't that great before that, with all the normal life things when Micah is having a bad day, but Tony did a great job of getting me out of the funk. We had a fantastic pasta dinner and they have Dr Pepper there, so Tony really covered almost everything on my usual list. The only thing that was missing was the black cherry ice cream for perfection, but I didn't really miss it last night. We really had a wonderful night. Tony will probably top that for 10 years. He's pretty sentimental, especially with the "big dates." Yep, I think I'll keep him around a while.

"Haven't you read," He replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matthew 19:4-6

No comments: