Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blah Stuff

I figured out how much weight I've lost in the past 4 months. I found a paper from my doctor that had my weight then. I have lost 28 lbs. I don't think I can see it. I'm sure if I had measured (if I cared that much) it would be spread out all over. Basically my jeans that were tight back then fit me loosely right now, but since I'm broke, I can't go for a size smaller to see if they fit. I don't know, I might just go out and try stuff on but leave my debit card at home, just to see if I fit a size smaller.

Not that it matters, but I could use something that would make me feel good right now.

I've been feeling blah lately. I'm just not happy. I don't know why. Nothing is particularly wrong, but nothing makes me feel really happy. I used to get happier after every time I went walking (you know, the high you gain from exercise...I could get all scientific about it, but I won't), but that isn't happening anymore. Maybe I need to pump up my workout. I don't know if I have time to add more on, and I don't want to change to something else, I'm afraid I'll mess up my routine.

I was hoping that having a clean house would cheer me up, and Tony helped me out a lot yesterday to make at least my living room a nicer place to be, even that didn't work. Still, it isn't done, so maybe I just need to keep working on that.

Time to get back into the Psalms I think. It's easier to focus on joy when I'm reading about it. Of course, happiness and joy are two very different things. I'm happy that my living room is cleaner, but that has nothing to do with my joy. Circumstances can change and make me unhappy, but they can't take away my joy. My Source of joy doesn't leave me. There is nothing on earth that will take Him away from me.

Just writing that makes me feel a little better. Here's an awesome praise Psalm.

Psalm 98

1 Sing to the LORD a new song,
for he has done marvelous things;
his right hand and his holy arm
have worked salvation for him.

2 The LORD has made his salvation known
and revealed his righteousness to the nations.

3 He has remembered his love
and his faithfulness to the house of Israel;
all the ends of the earth have seen
the salvation of our God.

4 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth,
burst into jubilant song with music;

5 make music to the LORD with the harp,
with the harp and the sound of singing,

6 with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn—
shout for joy before the LORD, the King.

7 Let the sea resound, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it.

8 Let the rivers clap their hands,
Let the mountains sing together for joy;

9 let them sing before the LORD,
for he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
and the peoples with equity.

No comments: