Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Secrets

Well, some of the secrets that I know are now out in the open. I'm slightly relieved. I'm slightly terrified I will open my mouth about the rest of the secrets. Then on Sunday another one was piled on me. At least that one was good (at least I think so), but still, I can't say anything about it.

By the way, if you don't know, see my husband's blog for the big secret that I was keeping. Though the title of his post is misleading, everything cannot come out now, and since people are likely to ask questions, I still have to put people off on somethings, but I do have a good answer for them that will help. Go to the business meeting to learn more. I don't really know much more related to that subject until the business meeting anyway. My secrets are not all related.

I don't consider myself a gossip, though I know that I have committed that sin before. Mostly I just like to speak my thoughts out loud to help me process, and I like to gain advice as how to deal with things in my life. I know, I'm probably rationalizing. This is probably really good for me to have these secrets so that I don't talk so much. I have had to talk things out with only my husband (who knows all the stuff already) and God (who also knows all the stuff and happens to be in control of all the situations and is really the One who can make the most difference and help me decide things the best anyway).

Maybe God handed me this information to teach me to be quiet. I've certainly had to. It's really difficult, but the big lessons from Him are rarely easy to learn (though that really isn't His fault). Even the ones that are seem simple when you talk about them can be really difficult to get into my thick skull sometimes.

Being quiet is one of those things that is taking a lot of work.

Oh, something completely unrelated that I did my best not to put on the internet anywhere until my brother sent out announcements: my nephew was born on Saturday! I got to go and see him, and he's really cute, but the rest of the story is for my brother and sister-in-law to share.

"A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret." Proverbs 11:13

1 comment:

Miss C said...

You are the second person in as many days to bring up gossip. Oh and my Pastor brought it up on Sunday.

I wonder what is coming my direction, or what lesson I'm being set to learn